CfP: Centre for the Study of Women and Gender @SocioWarwick Seminar Series 2012/2013
The Centre for the Study of Women and Gender at the University of Warwick will host a Graduate Seminar Series in the academic year 2012/2013. We would like to invite postgraduate students working in, but not limited to the following areas:
- Media, Culture and Gender Representations
- Work and Family
- (Trans)national Gender
- Intersections of Gender, ‘Race’, Class, Disability and Age
- Gender, Transgender and Sexualities
- Feminism and Women’s Rights
- Men and Masculinities
- Feminist Methodologies
- New Media and Digital Technologies
We welcome submissions, both conventional and innovative, from any disciplines on gender related topics. Seminars will take place on two or three Wednesdays per term in the afternoon (dates and timings TBC). Each presenter will be allocated 30 minutes: 20 minutes presentation and 10 minutes discussion. Attendance is open to everyone.
The seminar series aims to:
- Foster discussions on topics of gender
- Provide a safe and comfortable space for students to present their research
- Create an opportunity to fine-tune presentation skills
Abstracts should be:
- Maximum 200 words
- Submitted along with a brief biography of the author; including their institution, department, and research interests
- Submitted by Friday the 14th of September, 2012
Please email abstracts to email@example.com. Abstracts will be peer reviewed. If successful, you will hear from us by Friday the 28th of September, 2012 and will be allocated to a seminar between October 2012 and June 2013.
If you have any further questions, please do email us.
CSWG Organising Committee